Course Handicap (CH) = (Handicap Index) X (Slope Index / 113)
Rounded Course Handicap (RCH) = Integer Part of (CH + 0.5)
Playing Handicap = (CH or RCH)* X (Adjustment %)
… then rounded to the nearest integer.
|4 Ball Matchplay||90%|
|4 Ball Stableford||85%|
|4 Ball Strokeplay||85%|
- Current Slope Ratings for the Downshire are: White 130, Yellow 125 and Red 129 (as of 19 July 2021).
- Course Handicap calculation does not use the (Course Rating – Par) adjustment used in some other countries.
- Playing Handicap depends on Format of Play, and whether National Associations choose to use the unrounded or rounded value of Course Handicap. For ‘CH To Use’ in England, Wales and Northern Ireland choose ’Rounded’ (the default), for Scotland choose ‘Unrounded’. For any other country you will need to refer to local guidance.
- For general, non-competition play use your Course Handicap. In competitions, Playing Handicap will determine the result, while your Course Handicap will determine the score used for updating your Handicap Index. Be mindful of your Course Handicap when deciding whether to pick up on a hole.
- You can create a shortcut to this webpage on your phone home screen, making it look like an App. Read how to do that here.
If you have a query contact: firstname.lastname@example.org